Capturing the Energy is overseen by the project’s Steering Group, led by a Convenor, Secretary and:
- the University of Aberdeen’s Archivist (and any staff employed to work on the project)
- representatives from professional archive and heritage organisations
- representatives from individuals, businesses and organisations working in, or allied to, the oil, gas and renewables industry
- other stakeholders and interested parties.
- to assist with the development of guidance for the industry on contributing material to the archive at the University of Aberdeen
- to assist in the identification of potential depositors, the provision of contact details and the facilitation of record surveys
- to develop ideas for and contribute to promotional activities for the Capturing the Energy project and raise awareness of the archive collections
- to contribute to the maintenance of relationships with key project stakeholders in the industry
- to liaise with staff at the University regarding any expenditure of project funds.
Oil & Gas UK generously supported the appointment of a Development Officer to work on the project, based at the University of Aberdeen. The position was held by Katy Johnson and Joe Chapman between 2013 and 2018.