Join us in Paris in June for EOGAN 2017
Registration is open for this year's European Oil and Gas Archives Network Conference, at Total's headquarters in Paris on 01-02 June.
To book your place, go to https://eogan2017.eventbrite.com – places are limited and you only have a few weeks, until late April, to get your name on the list!
EOGAN provides a network for people working to preserve and promote the use of oil and gas related records across Europe, including:
- archivists, records managers and records creators in the industry
- oil and gas companies wishing to develop business archives
- museums and organisations with an interest in energy history
- universities and academics working on energy-related topics
The annual EOGAN conference is a meeting place for people to share ideas and to develop valuable international links across the energy research and archives sectors. The theme for the 2017 Conference is ‘Transition in Energy History’ and we will be exploring the following broad topics:
- Energy Transitions: Lessons from History
- Economic and Social Transitions in Energy
- Documenting Transition: The Role of Archives
- Energy History in France and the French-speaking world
- Capturing Transition: Photography and Visual Culture
- Technological Innovations in Energy
We will hear from a range of academics, archivists and historians from across Europe and beyond, including representatives from Total, Shell, Paris-Sorbonne University, the University of Aberdeen, the Norwegian Petroleum Museum and the Norwegian Oil and Gas Archive. The full programme is available on the Eventbrite page.
The conference is free to attend but please note we are unable to provide funding for travel and hotels. We will provide information on where to stay, very soon. The event includes a welcome breakfast, lunch and afternoon coffee break on each day, plus a drinks reception on the evening of 01 June; there is no conference dinner but there will be an informal evening meal on 31 May and 01 June. A conference pack will also be provided on arrival.
We are very grateful to Total for agreeing to host the conference this year at such a fabulous venue, and for providing administrative support. We hope to see you there! Don’t forget to book your place via Eventbrite as soon as possible and to find more information about EOGAN, please visit our website.